Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka Ministry of Ports and Shipping
INVITATION FOR BIDS
International Competitive Bidding
PROCUREMENT OF 03NO CONTAINER HANDLING CRANES FOR JAYA CONTAINER TERMINAL OF THE SRI LANKA PORTS AUTHORITY CMS/FP/04/PT/5728(MP)
1. The Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) of Ministry of Ports and Shipping of the Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka has commenced the construction of Jaya Container Terminal stage v at Port of Colombo (Project). The SLPA intends to procure Three (03)units of Ship to Shore Container Handling Cranes (Goods).
2. The Chairman, Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee (CAPC) of the Ministry of Ports and Shipping, for and on behalf of the SLPA as the Executing Agency (Purchaser), now invites sealed Bids from interested parties for the supply of the Goods and related services (Works). The Purchaser is desirous to complete the Works within 510 consecutive calendar days from the date of commencement of the Works.
3. Time schedule for this bidding is planned as shown below
||Date and Time||Place|
|a||Issue of Bidding Documents||from 03rd January,2018, 1200 Hrs to
22nd February,2018, 1200 Hrs
|b||Last Date for Bidders to Apply for
Clarification of Bidding Documents
|01st February 2018||as above|
|c||Last Date for Purchaser to issue
addendum to Bidding Documents
|08th February, 2018||N/A|
|d||Deadline for Submission of Bids||22nd February, 2018, 1400 Hrs||Note 2|
|e||Opening of Bids||22nd February, 2018, 1430 Hrs.||as above|
Note 1 - Office of Chief Manager (Supplies and Material Management) of the Sri Lanka Ports Authority, 45, Leyden Bastian Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka.
Note 2 - Office of the Chairman of Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee, Ministry of Ports and Shipping, No.19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka.
4. Interested parties may obtain further information on this bidding and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of Chief Manager (Supplies and Material Management) of the Sri Lanka Ports Authority, 45, Leyden Bastian Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka, Tel : 0094-11-2323102, Fax: 0094-11-2381652, Email: from 03rd January, 2018 to 22nd February, 2018 during office hours.
5. A complete set of the Bidding Documents may be purchased by any interested party upon submission of a written application to the Chief Manager (Supplies and Material Management) aforementioned address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of United States Dollar One Thousand (US$ 1,000) or equivalent amount in Sri Lankan Rupees, during the period defined above.
6. Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount of United States Dollar Three Hundred and Fifty Thousand (US$ 350,000) or equivalent amount in Sri Lankan Rupees. Bids must be delivered to the Chairman, Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee of the Ministry of Ports and Shipping, No.19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka, Tel: 0094-11-2432249 and 0094-11-2438344, Fax : 0094-11-2435142, by not later than 1400 Hrs. on 22ndFebruary, 2018, in accordance with the Instructions to Bidders. The Bids will be publicly opened at 1430 Hrs on the same day.
7. Bidders are hereby informed that the provisions of public contract Act. No.3 of 1987 are applicable for tenders exceeding Rs. 5 Million. Any bidder who wishes to act as an agent, sub-agent, a representative or a nominee for and on behalf of any foreign manufacturer or supplier is required to register himself with the Registrar of public contracts and submit the duly completed registration certificate along with his bid documents. Accordingly all parties involved in each aforementioned bidders are required to strictly abide by the act throughout the duration of contract.
8. The Sri Lanka Ports Authority, or the Ministry of Ports and Shipping will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the Bidders in connection with the preparation and submission of the Bids.
Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee
Ministry of Ports and Shipping
15th December 2017