DEMOCRATIC SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF SRI LANKA
CEYLON SHIPPING CORPORATION LIMITED
(Ministry of Ports & Shipping)
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
Operation of Indo - Lanka Ferry Service between
Colombo & Tuticorin on Build Own and Operate (BOO) Basis
The Chairman of Cabinet Appointed Negotiating Committee (CANC) on behalf of Ceylon Shipping Corporation Ltd invites EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI) from eligible Service Providers to operate the passenger cum cargo vessel/s between Port of Colombo and Port of Tuticorin on Build Own and Operate (BOO) basis initially for a period of one (01) year subject to further extensions based on the performance.
A decision has been taken by the Government of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka to re-commence the passenger cum cargo transportation service between Port of Colombo & Port of Tuticorin in accordance with the Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) signed between the Government of Sri Lanka & the Government of India in the year 2011.
The intended purpose of the MOU was that this Service would be a bridge for the promotion of Economic Co-operation, Social and Culturalties between two countries.
Scope of Work:
Ceylon Shipping Corporation Ltd being the National Sea Carrier of Sri Lanka is entrusted with to select a Service Provider to operate a Passenger Ferry Service cum cargo vessel/s (ROAPX) between the Port of Colombo and the Port of Tuticorin on Build Own and Operate (BOO) basis by the Cabinet of Ministers in Sri Lanka.
- The Service Provider should be a Company / Consortium duly registered in Sri Lanka or any other country having an excellent track record in the relevant field.
- The Service Provider should have minimum of 03 years experience in related fields with special emphasis on passenger cum cargo ships owning and operating.
- The Service Provioder should agree to appoint Ceylon Shipping Corporation Ltd as the General Sales Agent ant he Vessel's Agent in Sri Lanka.
- The Service Provider should be able to provide vessel(s) having the personal baggage carrying capacity of minimum of 100 kg per person and cargo on board including vehicles.
- The Company or any member of the Consortium should be free from any lawsuit9s0 against the company at present regarding the services offered by them.
- The Service Provider should be able to provide vessels(s) classed with a member of IACS and posses valid Ship's Certificates and should have comprehensive valid insurance covers for the required services.
- The Service Providers should have vessels(s) operate through Douglas sea state up to 06 and to run two round trips per week.
- The Service Provider should agree to provide all meals and recreational facilities up to acceptable standards.
The Service Providers who expressed its interest at this stage will be shotlisted on merists based on the evaluation of EOIs. The shortlisted parties will be given the RFP document inviting for them to submit detailed Technical and Financial proposals for final selection of a prospective Service Provider.
Submission of EOI:
The Information Format and Required documents for Expression Of Interest (EOI) could be downloaded from CSC website (www.csl.lk). The Expression Of Interest together with all required documents and information as specified in the Information Formats should be submitted to: Chairman, Cabinet Appointed Negotiating Committee, Ministry of Ports and Shipping, No. 19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01, Sri Lanka in sealed envelopes marked as "EOI for Ferry Service" on the left uppermost corner of the envelop and could be dispatched either by Registered post or could be deposited in the Tender Box kept for this purpose at the above address to be received on or before 1400 hrs (LT) on 09th March 2018.
CANC reserves the right to change the requirements or cancel the procurement process at any point of time during EOI stage and/or in the solicitation process (RFP).
Tel : +94-11-2328772 / +94-11-2497800
Fax : +94-11-2447547 / +94-11-2449327
Chairman - Cabinet Appointed Negotiating Committee (CANC),
Ministry of Ports and Shipping,
No. 19, Chaithya Road, Colombo 01,