Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
Ministry of Ports and Shipping
Sri Lanka Ports Authority
Invitation for Expression of Interest for Submitting Proposals for the Development of
Passenger Terminal at Port of Colombo
- The Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) of the Ministry of Ports and Shipping (Ministry) of the Government of Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka (GOSL) has been established by Sri Lanka Ports Authority Act No. 51 of 1979 as amended to develop, maintain, operate and provide port and other services in the Port of Colombo (Port) and other cargo handling sea ports of Sri Lanka. The Port is a prominent container port on east west sea route in South Asia.
- Cruise tourism is a steadily growing market segment in the leisure industry. It is closely connected with port functions as pilotage, mooring of vessels and facilitations for passengers is the responsibility of port authorities. Although Port Authority has been providing these facilities to match its organic growth it needs the inputs of other drivers of this market, to embark upon future expansion programmes to improve the functions and develop the facilities. In this context, it is required to identify the capacity and access, potential players in this industry are having growth patterns and future plans to enable the SLPA to develop a model for development of facilities, operation of related tourism services in an alliance with SLPA.
- Chairman Sri Lanka Ports Authority hereby invites interested parties to submit a Development proposal along with their Curriculum Vitae indicating their experience, market access, financial and manpower capacity to enable SLPA to structure a model for development of a state of the art Passenger Terminal in the port of Colombo in partnership with Private sector.
- Interested parties may refer the sample copy between 1000 hrs and 1500 hrs on any working day at the office of Chief Engineer (Planning and Development), Sri Lanka Ports Authority during 1000 hrs and 1500 hrs from 5 June 2018 until 26th July 2018
- A complete set of the Invitation for EOI Documents may be purchased by any interested party upon submission of a written application to Chief Engineer (Planning and Development), Sri Lanka Ports Authority, 45, Leyden Bastian Road, Colombo 1, Sri Lanka. Tel. No. +94 (0) 112483456, Fax No. +94 (0) 112323055, Email address: cepd(at)slpa.lk during 1000 hrs and 1500 hrs from 5 June 2018 until 26th July 2018. upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Rupees Ten Thousand (Rs. 10,000)(including tax)
- Closing date for the submission of information is 1st August 2018 at Director (Technical) office, Sri Lanka Ports Authority, 45, Layden Bastian Road, Colombo 1, Sri Lanka.
- SLPA will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by the Interested Parties in connection with the preparation and submission of the EOIs.
Sri Lanka Ports Authority