Sri Lanka has many assets to attract investors. Among many others, some of them are
- Its geographic key position in the Indian Ocean and on the New Silk Road;
- Its well trained, qualified and high committing staff;
- Best developing country in South Asia and best developing emerging country worldwide (reference: Bertelsmann Report 2018);
- Its stable Democracy, complying to international standards;
- Highest standards of respect and protection of environment and working conditions in South Asia;
The Board of Investment of Sri Lanka (BOI) is dedicated to assist all investors who wish to invest in Sri Lanka or are considering Sri Lanka as an investment opportunity. It was established in 1978 targeting on the development of the surrounding vicinity of Colombo. In 1992, its mandate was enlarged to the entire country.
The BOI has determined six sectors of investment and encourages international stake holders to invest in those domains.
The sectors are:
- Value Added Manufacturing
- Information Technology Enabled Services
- Tourism & Leisure
- Large Scale Infrastructure
If you wish to invest in one of the above or any other domain, BOI will be happy to assist you in
- Visa Facilitation
- Engineering Approvals
- Environmental Clearances
- Legal Services
- Import/Export Facilitation
- Industrial Labor Relations
- Zone Management/ Regional Offices
For further information, please visit www.investsrilanka.com.