- The ‘Safe & Secure' certificate is being awarded to tourism establishments and service providers that have been audited by KPMG an Independent Auditing firm and met the requirements of the COVID-19 Health Protocol.
- The Certificate comes with a unique QR Code.
- The certified service providers should display the Certificates or a copy in the common areas so that it could be easily accessed by international and domestic guests.
- By scanning the QR code anyone including guests can,
1. Verify all key details related to the certified establishments and service providers thus avoiding possibility of fake certificates.
2. Report to Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority with photo evidence if available, of any violations by the service providers of the required procedures and hygiene practices outlined in the tourism operational guidelines.
- The certified service providers should maintain the highest operational standards at all times and act with responsibility when conducting tourism activities during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Unsatisfactory operational practices found during periodic spot audits conducted or through reported violations or complaints, will be treated very seriously and could result in cancellation of the certification status.
Further Search: https://srilanka.travel/safe-and-secure