Legalization of Documents


Authentication of documents can be conducted if the following requirements are fulfilled:

  • Certificates/Documents such as Birth, Marriage, Death, and Educational issued by the relevant authority should be authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs of Sri Lanka
  • Certificates/Documents issued by Austria or accredited country Authorities/Institutes should be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the relevant country
  • Relevant consular fee

​Attestation of Documents by Justice of the Peace (JP)

If a person needs to sign documents such as a Power of Attorney or Affidavits before a JP, this service is available at the Embassy

  • In order to obtain the service of a JP, the Sri Lanka Passport and valid visa of the relevant country should be submitted.
  • Two witnesses (Sri Lankan Passport Holders) should accompany the applicant.