Notice of Marriage
Parties can select one of the following methods to submit the Notice of Marriage.
If both parties have resided in Austria or an accredited country for more than 10 days they can submit their Notice of Marriage under normal license. Download notice of marriage application
If both parties have resided in Austria or accredited country for more than 4 days, they can submit their Notice of Marriage under Special License. Download
Date of Registration
The date and time for registration will be notified to the party, once the application is processed and accepted by the Embassy
Certified copies of Marriage Certificates will be issued on a subsequent date by the Embassy, if required. Additional copies of the Marriage Certificate could be obtained on payment of the prescribed fees
At least one of the parties to the marriage should be a citizen of Sri Lanka.
Both parties should not be under 18 years of age
- Passports of both parties. ( with photocopies of bio page and Austria or accredited country visa page)
- Original Birth Certificates of both parties, should be authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs in Sri Lanka.
- Passports of witnesses (Two Sri Lankan passport holders)
- Affidavit for Civil status/unmarried status of both parties, declared before a Justice of Peace. This certificate should authenticate by the Consular Division of the Ministry of External Affairs in Sri Lanka
- Persons who are living overseas should obtain an unmarried certificate in addition to the above, stating their civil status/unmarried status from relevant Government authority. It should be authenticated from the Sri Lankan Embassy or High Commission in the relevant country. - Divorcees should submit Divorce Certificate (should be authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs in Sri Lanka or by a Sri Lanka Embassy/High Commission in the country where the Certificate issued)
- In case of widow/widower, should submit the previous marriage certificate and death certificate of the spouse (should be authenticated by the Ministry of External Affairs in Sri Lanka or should be authenticated by a Sri Lankan Embassy/High Commission in the country where the certificates are issued)
- Application fee
Submission of forged documents is a Punishable Offence and such applications will be rejected