The holder of a Diplomatic or Official Passport or a passport with a valid Diplomatic or Official endorsement will not be required to pay fees for the visa. However, it is required to submit an official request through a Diplomatic Note or any other official communication by the requesting government.
- Duly filled application – See Downloads Page
- Applicant’s valid passport together with a copy of the passport (six months validity from the date of arrival)
- Formal note from the respective government stating the purpose of the visit
You can apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) ( see Online Visa ) instead if you are traveling for one of the following purposes:
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Sightseeing for Holidaying
- Medical treatment
- Participation in sports or cultural performances
- Business meeting
- Conference, workshop & Seminars
- Short training
- Participation in art, music, and dance
General Requirements for Sri Lankan Visas
Sri Lanka Immigration and Emigration may grant or issue a visa to you if
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you are suitable to enter Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration approves the purpose for which you are entering Sri Lanka.
- You hold a passport valid for a minimum period of six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you have adequate funds for your maintenance whilst in Sri Lanka and for the payment of your return passage to the country which issued your passport.
- You are in possession of a written assurance (ticket) to return to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination if you are a visit visa holder.
Who is eligible for Visa Excemptions?
- Sri Lankan dual citizens.
- Children up to 21 years of age whose birth has been registered under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act – 1948
- Children born in Sri Lanka for Sri Lankan parents under 21 years of age.