Residence visa is issued to non-Sri Lankans to whom it has been decided to extend residence facilities for the purpose of investment or otherwise, in circumstances where the prescribed authority is satisfied that their stay in Sri Lanka and the pursuit of their vocations are not prejudicial to the best interests of Sri Lanka. For more information on residence visa, please visit: http://www.immigration.gov.lk
To obtain a residence visa, the applicant must enter Sri Lanka on an entry visa issued by a Sri Lanka diplomatic mission abroad. Entry visa will be issued by the Embassy only upon approval by the Controller General of Immigration and Emigration.
How to submit Entry Visa application:
- The Entry visa application should be submitted directly to the Department of Immigration and Emigration through applicant’s counterpart/ local sponsor in Sri Lanka.
- The applicant must clearly state that he/she wishes to apply for a residence visa when applying for the entry visa and submit necessary supporting documents.
- A tourist visa cannot be converted into a residence visa.
- Once the approval for Entry Visa from the Department of Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka is received, the following documents should be submitted to the Embassy to endorse Entry Visa:
- Entry visa application – See Downloads Page
- A copy of the entry visa approval notice of the Department of Immigration & Emigration of Sri Lanka
- One passport-size photographs
- Passport – n.b. The validity of the passport must be at least 06 months beyond the date of entry into Sri Lanka.
- Entry Visa fee (Payable by cash in Euros subject to the daily exchange rate as National Bank Austria)
|For SAARC Countries||US $ 30|
|For other than SAARC Countries||US $ 40|
* Please note that the Visa (ETA) processing fee once paid by you is not refundable and not transferable.
Processing time: 1-2 business days (only when the entry visa approval notice is available)