A Transit Visa is an entry permit granted to a foreign national for admission into Sri Lanka for a brief period which is incidental and in the course of his journey to another destination. Visa must request at the port of entry indicating the period of stay and together with return travel information.
- Duly filled application – See Downloads Page
- Applicant’s valid passport together with a copy of the passport (six months validity from the date of arrival)
- Copy of return Air ticket / return information.
General Requirements for Sri Lankan Visas
Sri Lanka Immigration and Emigration may grant or issue a visa to you if
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you are suitable to enter Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration approves the purpose for which you are entering Sri Lanka.
- You hold a passport valid for a minimum period of six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you have adequate funds for your maintenance whilst in Sri Lanka and for the payment of your return passage to the country which issued your passport.
- You are in possession of a written assurance (ticket) to return to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination if you are a visit visa holder.
Who is eligible for Visa Excemptions?
- Sri Lankan dual citizens.
- Children up to 21 years of age whose birth has been registered under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act – 1948
- Children born in Sri Lanka for Sri Lankan parents under 21 years of age.