Emergency Travel Documents (NMRP)
A Non Machine Readable Passport (NMRP) can be issued in lieu of a lost passport of a Sri Lankan national, ONLY to return to Sri Lanka.
However, if the Embassy has accepted an application in lieu of a passport which is expired or lost and the applicant requires a Travel Document for Emergency Traveling ONLY to return to Sri Lanka, NMRP may issued as a stop gap travel document until the renewed passport is received.
NMRP is valid only for ONE month from the date of issue.
Follow the instructions (See here) to report the lost / stolen Passport and obtain required receipts / reports.
- Duly completed application form (form ‘K’- 35 A). Fill the application using English Block Letters – (Download application here)
- Statement made by the applicant regarding the loss of passport
- Original Police Report issued by the local police regarding the lost passport. This document must attest from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country which it issued.
- Photocopy of lost Sri Lankan Passport (If available)
- Three clear photographs *
- Copy of the Visa issued by the current country of residence or Original Resident Permit Card or letter issued by the Immigration Authority of the Country of Residence indicating the status and category of your visa. This document must be attested from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country which it issued.
English translation should be produced for all the documents issued in other than Sinhala, Tamil or English.